Five Days of Violence Prevention, Five Objectives
"Although significant progress has been made to respond to gender-based violence (GBV), in particular violence against women, much needs to be done to prevent violence from occuring in the first place." The Meeting's objectives are as follows:
- Discuss the root causes and structural drviers of violence, with a focus on GBV.
- Discuss promising research and evidence-based programming in violence prevention, with a strong focus on GBV prevention.
- Provide a platform for interaction and sharing of promising and multi-disciplinary practices on addressing and preventin GBV.
- Develop high-level strategies and policy action for GBV prevention.
- Discuss and engage governments and development partners in strategies that can sustain violence-prevention programming.
Interested to learn more?
Visit the official conference website to learn more about the conference, the programme, and its list of speakers.
Ilze Smit is Advocacy Officer at Rutgers, and is member of the Prevention+ team. She is also Rutgers' Project Leader of the Paternity Leave Campaign in the Netherlands.