Because the results of this Dutch study are interesting for other countries as well, the report was translated in English.
Read the report A world of Difference now and learn about the diversity amongst gay men, lesbian women, bisexual men and women, and trans people, in terms of sexual orientation, gender identity and sexual health.
The study provides answers to questions such as:
- Are gay men satisfied with their sex lives?
- How frequently do lesbian women have sex?
- How many bisexual men have sex with men?
- How many trans people enjoy sex?
- Which sexual problems affect lesbian and bisexual women?
- Do men use condoms when engaging in anal sex with other men?
- What is the prevalence of sexual victimisation among trans people?
Also, the study provides recommendations for general practitioners, care providers, service professionals, teachers, policymakers and information providers. The outcomes can be applied to more targeted efforts in improving the sexual health of lesbian women, gay men, bisexual men and women, and trans people. Topics that deserve particular attention are sexual victimisation and harassment, sexual problems amongst trans people and protective behaviour of MSM with respect to HIV/STI.
Title: A World of Difference - The sexual health of LGBT people in the Netherlands 2013.