In our international work we mainly focus on:
- Comprehensive sexuality education for young people.
- Getting sexual and reproductive health and rights accepted for everyone.
- Access to contraception (for example the female condom), safe abortion and quality reproductive health care.
- Discussing sensitive topics such as sexual diversity and (safe) abortion.
- Preventing gender-based violence and involving men by changing their view on masculinity.
- Discussing population growth and the underlying factor of poverty
Improving the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of people in Europe, Africa and Asia, that is where Rutgers wants to play a leading role. We succeed in discussing sexual and reproductive health issues, such as family planning and the right to self-determination, even in countries where these are viewed as sensitive topics.
We respect cultural nuances when implementing projects, training sessions and lesson packages.
Apart from this, we do scientific research and we passionately advocate for progessive policies for sexual and reproductive health and rights in order to change (civil) society. This combination makes us unique.