To support the Right Here Right Now programme, Rutgers’ Advocacy department currently has a vacancy for a
Advocacy Capacity Strengthening Officer
(36 hours, vacancy number 2019-12)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Advocacy Capacity Strengthening Officer for the RHRN programme. The officer will join Rutgers’ Advocacy team, which is based in the Netherlands (Utrecht).
The RHRN programme
Right Here Right Now (RHRN) is a Global Strategic Partnership, that is active in ten countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and in the Caribbean sub-region, led by Rutgers. In those countries and the sub-region, platforms of a diverse group of civil society have been established and young people are key members. The partnership envisions a world where all young people are able to access quality sexual and reproductive health services and information, and are not afraid to openly express who they are and who they love. The Standing Strong Together (SST) programme is built upon RHRN in three countries and focuses on increasing public support for RHRN objectives.
The position’s duties comprise implementation of the current RHRN programme and development of a vision and long-term strategy focused on capacity strengthening in the area of advocacy, in collaboration with fellow capacity strengthening officers participating in the RHRN programme. You will advise the programme team and bear responsibility for sound cooperation and coordination with the various members of the strategic partnership.
The position’s specific responsibilities are the strengthening of partners’ capacity in the field of SRHR advocacy, gender transformative approach and dealing with opposition for both RHRN and SST. Specific attention is needed for the development of tools and materials to be used for capacity strengthening and for realizing capacity strengthening activities such as workshops, trainings and coaching. Programme management tasks may be included as well.
The work is partly coordinated remotely, from Rutgers’ office in Utrecht, the Netherlands while the Advocacy Capacity Strengthening Officer is also expected to be readily prepared to travel regularly.
- You have a degree in Social Sciences and/or proved qualifications and professional experience relevant for the position and at a similar level;
- You have at least three years’ relevant international work experience, preferably gained in Asia or Africa in the field of advocacy and capacity strengthening for advocacy;
- You are strategic, analytical, creative and have experience in capacity strengthening on advocacy for SRHR; in particular: tool development and/ or facilitation of CS activities, such as workshops. At least experience in relation to one of the two activities;
- You have experience on gender and/or dealing with opposition;
- You have experience in working with theories of change (TOC) and with development of advocacy strategies;
- You are a good team player, and have experience in working with young people;
- You have excellent training and coaching skills, which you are capable of applying in different cultural contexts;
- You have a good working knowledge of French;
- Willingness to travel regularly.
Terms of Employment
We offer an exciting and challenging position in an international working environment, with highly motivated and qualified colleagues. The appointment is for a fixed term up to end 2020, with possible extension. Rutgers offers a competitive salary and ample opportunities for further training to develop your personal and professional skills. The salary, depending on knowledge and experience, amounts to a minimum of € 3.200,= maximum of € 4.355,= gross per month (FWG scale 60) based on a 36-hour week. In addition to the primary employment conditions, Rutgers also offers a competitive package of secondary employment conditions.
Please note that only candidates in the possession of a Dutch working permit - or that can obtain one at short notice – are eligible to apply. Also, candidates should be either resident in the Netherlands or willing to move there.
Information and Application Process
For further information relating to the position, please contact Rose Koenders, Programme Manager Right Here Right Now, email@example.com. For additional background information on Rutgers, please consult www.rutgers.nl and www.rutgers.international.
In order to apply, please submit your CV and Motivation Letter on our online job application form
The deadline for applications is on August 9th. The first round of interviews is planned during the week of 19th August. The second round is on August 26th.
We do not appreciate receipt of any commercial correspondence through the channels listed for the purposes of replying to this advertisement.
Your personal data will be erased three months after the completion of the application procedure.
If this is not your dream job, please support Rutgers by sharing this vacancy in your network.